Custom Search

Monday, September 7, 2009

Shae warne



Shane Warne waves farewell at Lord’s after leading the IPL franchise Rajasthan Royals to victory in the inaugural British Asian Cup against Middlesex.

shane warne bye to lords

Shane Warne celebrated his last competitive match at Lord’s with a hint of the brilliance that so beguiled opponents for years as he lead the Rajasthan Royals to a 46-run victory in the inaugural British Asian Cup. The former Australian leg-spinner drew a large cheer from the 20,000 crowd each time he entered the attack, but the largest roar was reserved for a classic Warne dismissal – a stumping after the Middlesex favourite Dawid Malan failed to pick Warne’s googly.

In typical larrikin Warne style, he declined to rule out a future return to Lord’s. “That will my last game at Lord’s unless the Royals play here again in the next 12 months or in the future,” he said. “It will be my last competitive game in England, that’s for sure. I’ll play the odd benefit game.

“I love being out there and thought I did quite well considering I’d just jumped off a plane and haven’t bowled for a couple of weeks.”

No comments:

Post a Comment